04 September 2008

Here we go again!

I took my 3 hr OGTT on Saturday and failed. For the 3-hr test, you fast for 12 hours then drink 100gm of sugar. I will argue, again, that it is INSANE to think that someone will consume that large amount of sugar in 5 minutes and then do absolutely nothing.

So I'm back to having to check my blood sugars and ketones. Of course, my glucometer doesn't work so I had to get a new one. My doctor mentioned that the baby is in the 90th percentile (as compared to Zofia at 50% 3 weeks older). Of course the concern over C-section was raised. I'm trying to figure out how to follow the Dr Brewer's Diet and keep my carbs in check - this time I think I can manage it (if only my sweet tooth would comply!)

Then to top it off, my doctor also mentioned yesterday that he's leaving the practice!! ARGH!

No comments: